If you are a teacher, you will most certainly find the downloadable classroom activities to be of immense practical use. The activities will ensure that both teachers and learners work together in an enjoyable and productive manner.
Although each task has been benchmarked to a certain level, you are very welcome to adjust these to any level(s) you wish. Hence, you may address your students' needs without compromising the benefits of each activity.
The activities’ primary learning objectives are the following:
- To practice words used as transitions or conjunctions in short texts/ to practice commanding, instructing and requesting (B1 level)
- To raise students' awareness of the importance of pronominal references (B2 level)
- To practice Reading Part 2 of the IESOL exam (B2 level)
- To raise students' awareness of the importance of coherence, cohesion and effective paragraphing (B2 level)
- To practice scanning a text/ to practice locating specific information in a text (B2 level)
- To practice skimming/ to practice detailed reading (B2 level)
- To train learners how to use a monolingual dictionary (C1 level)
You may find the Classroom activities for the Reading section here